Here's Katie and I after our race on my birthday last year.
Me and Jake on my birthday last year. Wow, he has changed so much! I love his look here. :)
extspan style="font-family:Arial;">Today we had a very early 10 mile run planned before work...which meant I get up at 4 a.m. It was raining hard all night long and still raining when I woke up...but, I had no cancellation text (bummer) so I got up and ready to go. I got to our meeting place and Len was there not looking so excited, like he mostly is at 5 a.m. :) Justin decided the rain forecast was enough to keep him home. We stood there for a while in the rain deciding whether or not we wanted to do this. The verdict: no way! I have to admit, I wasn't excited about 10 miles in that rain. So we decided to try again tomorrow.
Instead of a run I went to the gym. I was actually excited to have some extra time there. I hadn't done a strength training workout in a while. I had more time than usual so I got in a 3 mile run, a core workout, and did some weights. It was great! And the best part, no rain in the forecast for the morning so we'll be able to do our 10 mile run. Let's hope there's no rain on Dec. 11th because I'm not sure we could handle it for 26.2 miles. :) Keep your fingers crossed.
I swear to God, I an't deal with the rain when I run. And it always chooses the most inappropriate times...Like when I'll be running a 5k or something like that.
ReplyDeleteDon't love it.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't rain through your marathon!
I'm running on Dec 11th, too .... so I will definitely keep the fingers crossed! Can't wait to hear how yours goes!
ReplyDeleteHave a fun Girl's Night!
I am hopefully running the 11th too!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got to go to the gym and do some other things.
December 11th is a big day!! Awesome! I can't wait to hear everyone's race reports! :)
ReplyDeleteWay to make the best of a rainy morning! Making post-race plans was my savior when the blues hit after the marathon. Enjoy some well-deserved rest and then sign up for lots of "for fun" runs!
ReplyDeleteI'm coming up on my 35th birthday in less than 2 weeks. I think you just inspired me to sit down and set some 2011 goals!
ReplyDeleteWay to go on going to the gym instead of back to bed (which is what I would have done). I never mind running in the rain if I am already running when it starts but I won't ever just go out and run when it's already raining. I love your blog. Good Luck on December 11. You are going to do great. Just go out and try to enjoy yourself! It is an awesome experience.
ReplyDelete